Small text size Medium text size Large text size Small text size Medium text size Large text size

Increase font size:

Advice line

0845 300 7585
You are here: Home > Advice and Information > Housing


Click on the titles below for guides about the range of housing options available for older people considering housing more appropriate to their needs:

Adapting your home to stay independent (guide 28)

If you are experiencing difficulties with carrying out everyday tasks at home, you may be eligible for mobility aids or adaptations to your home from your local council. This guide explains how to get aids and adaptations including information on Disabled Facilities Grants.

Extra care housing (guide 30)

Extra care housing may suit older people who need a high level of personal care or support, but who are otherwise able to live independently on their own. This guide gives information about types of extra care housing , how to access it, and how to fund a place in such a scheme.

Housing - how to pay for the maintenance of your home (guide 29)

This guide gives information about the help which may be available to assist you in carrying out maintenance, repairs and adaptations to your home.

Housing options in later life (guide 7)

This guide describes the support available and the main options open to older people when deciding where to live in later life.

Follow us

facebook icon Twitter icon  

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional © Counsel and Care
Legal | Sitemap | Contact us

Site designed by

Counsel and Care is a service of     Independent Age, registered Charity No. 210729

Community Legal ServiceInvestors in people